Burn within sight. Keep away from things that can catch fire. Keep away from children or pets. Burn only on a stable, heat resistant surface. Container will be hot when candle is in use. After candle is extinguished allow to cool before handling.
For best results burn 2-4 hours at a time. Before lighting, trim wick to 1/4". If flame becomes too large or smoking occurs, blow out flame and let cool. Do not allow wick trimmings to accumulate in wax pool. Discard when 1/2" of wax remains.
Greenmarket Purveying Co. is not responsible for any misuse or broken glass.
Recycling the Glass
We pick vessels for our candles to be both functional and good looking! Below is a simple way to remove the remaining wax and recycle the vessel. Whether it's to hold flowers, sea shells, or any other small collection.
1. Fill a pot with enough water to fill the vessel and bring to a boil.
2. Making sure that the vessel is on a flat, heat resistant surface, carefully pour the boiling water into the empty vessel, filling to just below the lip, being very careful as you pour.
3. Allow the vessel to sit. The boiling water will slowly melt the wax, which will then float to the surface of the water.
4. Once completely cool, the wax will harden on the surface of the water
and can be simply popped out of the vessel.
5. Wash any remaining residue with soap and water.
6. Enjoy your recycled container!
(Note: this method should be used for glass containers only. Please use caution when handling hot items)